Win a personalised seat at St Albans’ Odyssey Cinema
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy getting your hands on a piece of cinema history?
Well, all you need to do is enter the Mayor’s Raffle for Grove House to be in with a chance of having a personalised seat at the long-awaited Odyssey Cinema.
The lucky winner will have their name embroidered on one of 450 seats at the art deco picture house in London Road, which after standing derelict for almost 20 years is due to reopen in late summer.
Other prizes include tickets for the Odyssey’s opening week, a luxury spa day and dinner for two at local restaurants.
St Albans Mayor, Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “I cannot wait to step back into the glorious golden age of film in St Albans. While we are all so excited about the imminent arrival of the Odyssey a final push is required to get it open this summer.
You may also want to watch:
“The generous gift of a personally named chair for my Mayor’s Raffle is a brilliant way to support Rennie Grove Hospice Care. It will help raise funds for this vital charity and allow everyone to potentially own a bit of our new cinema.
“I also hope it might encourage other groups and individuals to get involved and back the Odyssey restoration project themselves with individual donations.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
The raffle will be drawn on April 2 and the winners will be invited to tea in the Mayor’s Parlour to collect their prizes. All proceeds will support the services that Rennie Grove Hospice Care provides in St Albans both at Grove House and in the local community.
Tickets cost £1 and can be purchased from Grove House in Waverley Road, Grove House shops in Victoria Street, Hatfield Road and Piggottshill Lane, The Peahen and The Dressing Room.