Will windfall for Grove House
A SMALL house left to Grove House in a will has been sold this month providing the hospice with a much-needed windfall. Like many other charities, Grove House has been affected by the credit crunch which, because it is a hospice, can also impact on those
A SMALL house left to Grove House in a will has been sold this month providing the hospice with a much-needed windfall.
Like many other charities, Grove House has been affected by the credit crunch which, because it is a hospice, can also impact on those it is trying to help.
As with many charities relying on regular donations, some supporters of Grove House, through no fault of their own, are finding themselves unable to contribute financially to the charity in the way they have done in the past..
Grove House appreciates support comes in many forms - some people are able to volunteer their time while others offer professional services free of charge such as Alan Mann Solicitors and Collinsons Estate Agency, both of whom helped deal with the bequest and the sale of the property.
Steven Walker, MD of Collinsons, said: "We were really pleased to be able to help with this sale. It took longer than we first imagined but Grove House is important to us and everyone here was happy to work hard to make it happen."
For those who would like to help Grove House but have little time and few resources available, there is the option of making a will and including a gift to the hospice, knowing it will make a difference to the lives of many local people.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
Alan Mann Solicitors are offering a reduced rate for drafting wills where a legacy is being left to Grove House.
For more information about leaving Grove House a gift in your will, contact Charlotte on 01727 731010.