Will windfall for Grove House
A SMALL house left to Grove House in a will has been sold this month providing the hospice with a much-needed windfall. Like many other charities, Grove House has been affected by the credit crunch which, because it is a hospice, can also impact on those
A SMALL house left to Grove House in a will has been sold this month providing the hospice with a much-needed windfall.
Like many other charities, Grove House has been affected by the credit crunch which, because it is a hospice, can also impact on those it is trying to help.
As with many charities relying on regular donations, some supporters of Grove House, through no fault of their own, are finding themselves unable to contribute financially to the charity in the way they have done in the past..
Grove House appreciates support comes in many forms - some people are able to volunteer their time while others offer professional services free of charge such as Alan Mann Solicitors and Collinsons Estate Agency, both of whom helped deal with the bequest and the sale of the property.
You may also want to watch:
Steven Walker, MD of Collinsons, said: "We were really pleased to be able to help with this sale. It took longer than we first imagined but Grove House is important to us and everyone here was happy to work hard to make it happen."
For those who would like to help Grove House but have little time and few resources available, there is the option of making a will and including a gift to the hospice, knowing it will make a difference to the lives of many local people.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Alan Mann Solicitors are offering a reduced rate for drafting wills where a legacy is being left to Grove House.
For more information about leaving Grove House a gift in your will, contact Charlotte on 01727 731010.