Why not jingle all the way at fundraising fun run this Christmas
WATCH out for reindeers on the loose when Grove House holds its first Jingle Bell Jog around Verulamium Lake on December 6. Schoolchildren from Camp JMI School in St Albans are already preparing for the jog which starts at 11am – and they are expected to
WATCH out for reindeers on the loose when Grove House holds its first Jingle Bell Jog around Verulamium Lake on December 6.
Schoolchildren from Camp JMI School in St Albans are already preparing for the jog which starts at 11am - and they are expected to be among several hundred who take part in the event which will see adults dress in Santa suits and children with reindeer antlers.
Camp School mum Caroline Sammon said: "When the Year One mums heard about the Jingle Bell Jog, we thought it sounded great fun and just the thing to burn off some of the children's excited energy in the run-up to Christmas."
She said the school encouraged the children to take part in exercise and pointed out that they had even managed to get some of the dads onboard when they heard that Arena panto star Sarah Jane Honeywell would be starting the jog.
You may also want to watch:
Kathryn Wash, events and fundraising manager for Grove House, said that everyone at the hospice was excited about the event which was aimed at people of all ages from toddlers to grandparents.
She added: "We hope that the event will not only provide a fun morning out for St Albans families but also help raise much-needed funds for the hospice."
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
A Christmas market will run alongside the jog and children can visit Father Christmas at his grotto at the Inn on the Park.
The cost of entry, including Santa suits and reindeer ears, is �10 per adult, �5 per child or �30 for a family. Visit www.grove-house.org.uk/jingle or call 01727 731002.