Harpenden pub customer wins 11kg Easter egg in charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
A pub customer was left shocked when he popped into his local for a drink and walked out with an 11kg Easter egg.
Retired pharmaceutical consultant Peter Thomas found out he had won the egg when he visited the Old Bell in Luton Road in Harpenden.
He said: “I bought some raffle tickets for the egg as I am a regular supporter of the charity involved, Hertfordshire Action on Disability. But I never thought I would win. “Now I’m in the process of seeing if I can donate it to another worthy local cause. It’s true it goes well with a glass of red wine, but such a cocktail could have serious health risks.”
The egg, which equates to 1.7st in imperial, was made by made and donated by Lessiter’s in Woolmer Green. A collection of chocolate treats donated by Amelie Chocolat in Welwyn Garden City was won by runner-up Sammi-Jade Bennett.
Hertfordshire Action on Disability provide equipment and transport to disabled people, and are running a team in this year’s St Albans Charity Cycle Ride.
You may also want to watch:
To join their team, We’ve HAD it!, call Paul Bishop on 07973 237162.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order