Harpenden pub customer wins 11kg Easter egg in charity raffle
- Credit: Archant
A pub customer was left shocked when he popped into his local for a drink and walked out with an 11kg Easter egg.
Retired pharmaceutical consultant Peter Thomas found out he had won the egg when he visited the Old Bell in Luton Road in Harpenden.
He said: “I bought some raffle tickets for the egg as I am a regular supporter of the charity involved, Hertfordshire Action on Disability. But I never thought I would win. “Now I’m in the process of seeing if I can donate it to another worthy local cause. It’s true it goes well with a glass of red wine, but such a cocktail could have serious health risks.”
The egg, which equates to 1.7st in imperial, was made by made and donated by Lessiter’s in Woolmer Green. A collection of chocolate treats donated by Amelie Chocolat in Welwyn Garden City was won by runner-up Sammi-Jade Bennett.
Hertfordshire Action on Disability provide equipment and transport to disabled people, and are running a team in this year’s St Albans Charity Cycle Ride.
You may also want to watch:
To join their team, We’ve HAD it!, call Paul Bishop on 07973 237162.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City