Harpenden’s Got Talent awards this year’s winner
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Got Talent has crowned its winner and raised £2,600 for charity.
Sohan Das was named the victor after stunning the sell-out crowd at High Street Methodist Church in Harpenden with a rendition of Pie Jesu.
He was presented with a trophy and certificate by head judge and town mayor Rosemary Farmer, who was joined on the judging panel by mezzo soprano and examiner for Trinity College Catherine Denley; principal of St Albans Dance Studio Miriam Bold; and BBC Three Counties presenter Ernie Almond.
They attended the auditions in January and chose the ten acts to go through to the final.
At the event on Saturday, March 3, there was also a guest performance from Harpenden’s Isabelle Methven, who has just finished performing in Annie in the West End.
You may also want to watch:
Beneficiary charities included Orphans Know More and Azalea.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital