Harpenden’s Got Talent awards this year’s winner
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Got Talent has crowned its winner and raised £2,600 for charity.
Sohan Das was named the victor after stunning the sell-out crowd at High Street Methodist Church in Harpenden with a rendition of Pie Jesu.
He was presented with a trophy and certificate by head judge and town mayor Rosemary Farmer, who was joined on the judging panel by mezzo soprano and examiner for Trinity College Catherine Denley; principal of St Albans Dance Studio Miriam Bold; and BBC Three Counties presenter Ernie Almond.
They attended the auditions in January and chose the ten acts to go through to the final.
At the event on Saturday, March 3, there was also a guest performance from Harpenden’s Isabelle Methven, who has just finished performing in Annie in the West End.
You may also want to watch:
Beneficiary charities included Orphans Know More and Azalea.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival