Who will take over Harpenden Strada restaurant site following its closure?
- Credit: Archant
The former Strada restaurant on Amenbury Lane in Harpenden could become a Thai restaurant.
The Italian chain at Victoria Works closed recently, and the leasehold has been sold to Giggling Squid, a Thai restaurant chain which already owns premises in Berkhamsted and Tunbridge Wells.
A notice from Strada in the window of the premises reads: “It is with much sadness we have had to close our branch due to disappointing trading in an increasingly competitive market.”
It goes on to say some staff members have accepted postings at other branches, and those that had not were being given financial support.
“We are sorry to have to take such actions that affects our team members and local communities alike.
You may also want to watch:
“This closure in no way reflects the dedication and passion our staff have put into serving our loyal customers over the years and we are very thankful for their hard work.”
A statement from Strada’s head office confirmed the sale: “We have ceased trading in Harpenden as the leasehold interest in the site has been sold to Giggling Squid.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Giggling Squid have yet to respond to a request for comment.