Who will take over Harpenden Strada restaurant site following its closure?
- Credit: Archant
The former Strada restaurant on Amenbury Lane in Harpenden could become a Thai restaurant.
The Italian chain at Victoria Works closed recently, and the leasehold has been sold to Giggling Squid, a Thai restaurant chain which already owns premises in Berkhamsted and Tunbridge Wells.
A notice from Strada in the window of the premises reads: “It is with much sadness we have had to close our branch due to disappointing trading in an increasingly competitive market.”
It goes on to say some staff members have accepted postings at other branches, and those that had not were being given financial support.
“We are sorry to have to take such actions that affects our team members and local communities alike.
“This closure in no way reflects the dedication and passion our staff have put into serving our loyal customers over the years and we are very thankful for their hard work.”
A statement from Strada’s head office confirmed the sale: “We have ceased trading in Harpenden as the leasehold interest in the site has been sold to Giggling Squid.”
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
Giggling Squid have yet to respond to a request for comment.