Who will take over Harpenden Strada restaurant site following its closure?
- Credit: Archant
The former Strada restaurant on Amenbury Lane in Harpenden could become a Thai restaurant.
The Italian chain at Victoria Works closed recently, and the leasehold has been sold to Giggling Squid, a Thai restaurant chain which already owns premises in Berkhamsted and Tunbridge Wells.
A notice from Strada in the window of the premises reads: “It is with much sadness we have had to close our branch due to disappointing trading in an increasingly competitive market.”
It goes on to say some staff members have accepted postings at other branches, and those that had not were being given financial support.
“We are sorry to have to take such actions that affects our team members and local communities alike.
“This closure in no way reflects the dedication and passion our staff have put into serving our loyal customers over the years and we are very thankful for their hard work.”
A statement from Strada’s head office confirmed the sale: “We have ceased trading in Harpenden as the leasehold interest in the site has been sold to Giggling Squid.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Giggling Squid have yet to respond to a request for comment.