Who will take over Harpenden Strada restaurant site following its closure?
- Credit: Archant
The former Strada restaurant on Amenbury Lane in Harpenden could become a Thai restaurant.
The Italian chain at Victoria Works closed recently, and the leasehold has been sold to Giggling Squid, a Thai restaurant chain which already owns premises in Berkhamsted and Tunbridge Wells.
A notice from Strada in the window of the premises reads: “It is with much sadness we have had to close our branch due to disappointing trading in an increasingly competitive market.”
It goes on to say some staff members have accepted postings at other branches, and those that had not were being given financial support.
“We are sorry to have to take such actions that affects our team members and local communities alike.
You may also want to watch:
“This closure in no way reflects the dedication and passion our staff have put into serving our loyal customers over the years and we are very thankful for their hard work.”
A statement from Strada’s head office confirmed the sale: “We have ceased trading in Harpenden as the leasehold interest in the site has been sold to Giggling Squid.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Giggling Squid have yet to respond to a request for comment.