St Albans pub awarded Loo of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pub has been recognised at the Loo of the Year Awards 2017.
Waterend Barn, a Wetherspoons outlet off St Peter’s Street, was given a platinum star rating by inspectors.
Manager Stephen Baldwin said: “We are delighted with the award. Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times, and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, and hand washing equipment.
The awards are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, and highlight standards in ‘away from home’ toilet provision.
You may also want to watch:
The Loo of the Year Awards 2017 managing director Mike Bone said: “The toilets at Waterend Barn have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only