St Albans pub awarded Loo of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pub has been recognised at the Loo of the Year Awards 2017.
Waterend Barn, a Wetherspoons outlet off St Peter’s Street, was given a platinum star rating by inspectors.
Manager Stephen Baldwin said: “We are delighted with the award. Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times, and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, and hand washing equipment.
The awards are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, and highlight standards in ‘away from home’ toilet provision.
You may also want to watch:
The Loo of the Year Awards 2017 managing director Mike Bone said: “The toilets at Waterend Barn have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery