Where there's a will there's a way
SOLICITORS in and around the St Albans are giving their time for free next month to write a will in return for a donation to the Grove House day hospice. Solicitors from Alan Mann and Co., Debenhams Ottaway, Bryan and Mercer, SA Law LLP, Sherrards and Hil
SOLICITORS in and around the St Albans are giving their time for free next month to write a will in return for a donation to the Grove House day hospice.
Solicitors from Alan Mann and Co., Debenhams Ottaway, Bryan and Mercer, SA Law LLP, Sherrards and Hillman Legal Partnerships will be involved during Make Your Will Fortnight, running from November 2 to 13.
Charlotte Fletcher, a fundraiser at Grove House, said: "We are extremely grateful to the team of solicitors who have signed up to help us with this, our first Make Your Will Fortnight, and urge people who do not have a will or would like to alter an existing document to make an appointment as part of the campaign.
"It is so important to have an up-to-date will and if it's something you've never managed to get round to before, this is the perfect opportunity to tick it off your 'To Do' list and at the same time support your local hospice."
Making a will via the campaign could not be easier. Just contact a participating solicitor directly, quoting Make Your Will Fortnight for Grove House Hospice.
The solicitor will not charge you for drawing up a basic will but will instead invite you to make a donation to Grove House.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 4 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Donations will make a real difference and ensure ongoing free specialist care and support to people in St Albans, Harpenden and Dacorum whose lives are affected by cancer or another life-threatening illness.
To find out more details about Make Your Will Fortnight and local participating solicitors go to the website www.grovehousemakeyourwill.org or contact Charlotte on 01727 731010 or email email@example.com