No respite for St Albans homeowners after three more burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Three more burglaries shows there has been no respite for St Albans homeowners following a spate of thefts over the festive period.
A group of criminals made off down an alley after being disturbed while trying to break into the front of a house on The Poplars on Thursday, January 4 at 5.30pm.
Between 6pm and 11.30pm on Saturday, January 6 burglars broke into a property on Wynchlands Crescent near to the junction of Wynchlands Farm Drive.
The third property to be burgled was on Hatfield Road, between the junction with Oakwood Drive and the junction with Beechwood Avenue.
Burglars came from the rear of the property between 3.15pm and 8.40pm on Saturday, January 6.
You may also want to watch:
Police have asked anyone who saw anything suspicious to call them on 101 with the relevant crime reference number to hand.
The reference number for The Poplars burglary is F2/18/62. For the Wynchlands Crescent burglary, it is F2/17/97. For the Hatfield Road burglary, it’s F1/18/94.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'