No respite for St Albans homeowners after three more burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Three more burglaries shows there has been no respite for St Albans homeowners following a spate of thefts over the festive period.
A group of criminals made off down an alley after being disturbed while trying to break into the front of a house on The Poplars on Thursday, January 4 at 5.30pm.
Between 6pm and 11.30pm on Saturday, January 6 burglars broke into a property on Wynchlands Crescent near to the junction of Wynchlands Farm Drive.
The third property to be burgled was on Hatfield Road, between the junction with Oakwood Drive and the junction with Beechwood Avenue.
Burglars came from the rear of the property between 3.15pm and 8.40pm on Saturday, January 6.
Police have asked anyone who saw anything suspicious to call them on 101 with the relevant crime reference number to hand.
The reference number for The Poplars burglary is F2/18/62. For the Wynchlands Crescent burglary, it is F2/17/97. For the Hatfield Road burglary, it’s F1/18/94.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins