Enter Shikari fans invade St Albans’ Empire Records for album signing
- Credit: Archant
Rock band Enter Shikari signed copies of their new album at Empire Records in St Albans this week.
The band - made up of Rou Reynolds, Chris Batten, Rob Rolfe, and Rory Clewlow - released The Spark last Friday.
To coincide with its release, they arranged a series of album signings around the country, including in their home city.
Empire Records’ manager Dave Burgess said: “A St Albans band were putting out a new album, so it made sense for us to do something.
“They did signings with the larger stores like HMV, so we were the smallest.”
Mr Burgess said around 50 people attended the signing, and one woman from Germany came to get a signature.
To get an invite, fans had to pre-order the CD or the vinyl with Empire Records, which is located in Heritage Close.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
The album is expected to chart in the top 10 on Friday, behind The Killers and the Foo Fighters.