Major St Albans thoroughfare to be closed next week
- Credit: Archant
A major route into St Albans city centre will be closed from Monday to allow for drainage repair works.
The stretch of Victoria Street between Alma Road/Beaconsfield Road and Station Way by St Albans City Station will be closed for four days between 9.30am and 3pm.
Herts County Council contractor Ringway has asked residents to move their cars before the work starts, as any cars which are blocking the work may be moved to a neighbouring street.
Neighbours have also been asked to cut back hedges and vegetation which overhang the footway.
The works could be postponed if there is bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
Ringway will try to maintain access to homes and businesses, but have warned of delays.
For questions or concerns regarding the works, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0300 123 4047, quoting permit number BR6401000149168.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan