Major St Albans thoroughfare to be closed next week
- Credit: Archant
A major route into St Albans city centre will be closed from Monday to allow for drainage repair works.
The stretch of Victoria Street between Alma Road/Beaconsfield Road and Station Way by St Albans City Station will be closed for four days between 9.30am and 3pm.
Herts County Council contractor Ringway has asked residents to move their cars before the work starts, as any cars which are blocking the work may be moved to a neighbouring street.
Neighbours have also been asked to cut back hedges and vegetation which overhang the footway.
The works could be postponed if there is bad weather.
Ringway will try to maintain access to homes and businesses, but have warned of delays.
For questions or concerns regarding the works, email email@example.com or ring 0300 123 4047, quoting permit number BR6401000149168.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star