Major St Albans thoroughfare to be closed next week
- Credit: Archant
A major route into St Albans city centre will be closed from Monday to allow for drainage repair works.
The stretch of Victoria Street between Alma Road/Beaconsfield Road and Station Way by St Albans City Station will be closed for four days between 9.30am and 3pm.
Herts County Council contractor Ringway has asked residents to move their cars before the work starts, as any cars which are blocking the work may be moved to a neighbouring street.
Neighbours have also been asked to cut back hedges and vegetation which overhang the footway.
The works could be postponed if there is bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
Ringway will try to maintain access to homes and businesses, but have warned of delays.
For questions or concerns regarding the works, email email@example.com or ring 0300 123 4047, quoting permit number BR6401000149168.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years