Fundraiser being held at St Albans pub where you can slap a man
- Credit: Archant
Home-Start is holding a fundraiser where you can slap a man with a fake fish.
The Slap-A-Sid event is being held on Wednesday, February 7 at the Rose and Crown on St Michael’s Street.
Home-Start supports families struggling from mental and physical health problems including post-natal depression, bereavement, and isolation.
Sid Khan of Principal Security Consultants had planned to trek across the Sahara to raise money for the charity, but had to pull out.
Now the voyage is back on and Sid has volunteered to be assaulted by members of the publlic to pay for it.
Signed Arsenal and Chelsea football shirts and a signed Arsenal football are up for auction at the event, which will begin at 7pm.
There will also be live music from The Amplified, whose members have previously played with Billy Idol.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
The entry fee is £5 and all the money will go towards Sid’s trip.