Fundraiser being held at St Albans pub where you can slap a man
- Credit: Archant
Home-Start is holding a fundraiser where you can slap a man with a fake fish.
The Slap-A-Sid event is being held on Wednesday, February 7 at the Rose and Crown on St Michael’s Street.
Home-Start supports families struggling from mental and physical health problems including post-natal depression, bereavement, and isolation.
Sid Khan of Principal Security Consultants had planned to trek across the Sahara to raise money for the charity, but had to pull out.
Now the voyage is back on and Sid has volunteered to be assaulted by members of the publlic to pay for it.
You may also want to watch:
Signed Arsenal and Chelsea football shirts and a signed Arsenal football are up for auction at the event, which will begin at 7pm.
There will also be live music from The Amplified, whose members have previously played with Billy Idol.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
The entry fee is £5 and all the money will go towards Sid’s trip.