Public invited to air their views on Garden Village
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being invited to meetings and to protests against the proposed London Colney Garden Village.
The village parish council is holding “listening events” to gather residents’ views on Hertsmere Borough Council’s proposals for 4,000 homes in the area.
Cllr Katherine Gardner said: “People in London Colney and beyond are very concerned about the future of our village, particularly in light of plans from Hertsmere Borough Council to dump a major development on our doorstep without any meaningful consultation.
“The concerns of local people must be heard and if Hertsmere Borough Council refuse to come to London Colney to hear those concerns we will take them to Hertsmere Borough Council.”
To do so, the council is planning to march on the borough council’s full council meeting at 6pm on Wednesday, February 28.
You may also want to watch:
Before then however, there will be a public meeting on Sunday, February 11 at 3pm at the Caledon Centre on Caledon Road.
This meeting will inform the parish council’s response to the draft local plan.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
Drivers have also been invited to circle The Bell roundabout three times between 7.45am and 8.45am on Thursday, February 15, to represent the additional traffic congestion from the garden village.
To find out more about the meetings or the protests call London Colney Parish Council on 01727 821314.