Public invited to air their views on Garden Village
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being invited to meetings and to protests against the proposed London Colney Garden Village.
The village parish council is holding “listening events” to gather residents’ views on Hertsmere Borough Council’s proposals for 4,000 homes in the area.
Cllr Katherine Gardner said: “People in London Colney and beyond are very concerned about the future of our village, particularly in light of plans from Hertsmere Borough Council to dump a major development on our doorstep without any meaningful consultation.
“The concerns of local people must be heard and if Hertsmere Borough Council refuse to come to London Colney to hear those concerns we will take them to Hertsmere Borough Council.”
To do so, the council is planning to march on the borough council’s full council meeting at 6pm on Wednesday, February 28.
Before then however, there will be a public meeting on Sunday, February 11 at 3pm at the Caledon Centre on Caledon Road.
This meeting will inform the parish council’s response to the draft local plan.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Town bank building given green light to split into three
Drivers have also been invited to circle The Bell roundabout three times between 7.45am and 8.45am on Thursday, February 15, to represent the additional traffic congestion from the garden village.
To find out more about the meetings or the protests call London Colney Parish Council on 01727 821314.