Harpenden Carnival returning to town for Wild West rodeo next month
- Credit: Archant
The date and schedule for this year’s Harpenden Carnival have been announced.
The festivities will take place on Saturday, June 9 and will follow a Wild West theme.
The town’s new mayor David Heritage said: “Harpenden Town Council is extremely happy to once again be working in partnership with Harpenden Round Table to bring you the town’s social event of the year.”
It will kick off with a procession of people in Wild West dress along the High Street, led by the Rampage Mas Band and local schools.
On Harpenden Common, there will be ferret races and the annual Savills Dog Show, with prizes awarded for ‘Waggiest Tail’ and ‘Scruffiest Mutt’.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, bands will be playing western swing, county and rock music on the Oracle Cancer Trust stage.
Although the event is free, volunteers will be collecting donations for MIND, Hertfordshire Action on Disability, Round Table and several other groups.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park