Harpenden Carnival returning to town for Wild West rodeo next month
- Credit: Archant
The date and schedule for this year’s Harpenden Carnival have been announced.
The festivities will take place on Saturday, June 9 and will follow a Wild West theme.
The town’s new mayor David Heritage said: “Harpenden Town Council is extremely happy to once again be working in partnership with Harpenden Round Table to bring you the town’s social event of the year.”
It will kick off with a procession of people in Wild West dress along the High Street, led by the Rampage Mas Band and local schools.
On Harpenden Common, there will be ferret races and the annual Savills Dog Show, with prizes awarded for ‘Waggiest Tail’ and ‘Scruffiest Mutt’.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, bands will be playing western swing, county and rock music on the Oracle Cancer Trust stage.
Although the event is free, volunteers will be collecting donations for MIND, Hertfordshire Action on Disability, Round Table and several other groups.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared