St Albans health groups saddle up for World Suicide Prevention Day
- Credit: Archant
A peloton of Herts and St Albans health groups are recruiting cyclists for a suicide prevention ride.
The 10-mile ride will start in Stevenage on Sunday, September 10, between 11am and 2pm.
It is part of the Cycle Around the Globe event, an international effort for World Suicide Prevention Day, to amass the exact miles it would take to cycle around the world.
Siobhan Osgood, project coordinator for Herts suicide prevention campaign Spot the Signs, said: “Regardless of the circumstances surrounding a suicide, communities have an important role to play in supporting those who are vulnerable. World Suicide Prevention Day is an invaluable opportunity to highlight the importance of mental health.”
Participants can register for £5 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans health and wellbeing partnership are organising a registration stall at St Albans city station on Monday, September 4 between 4pm and 7pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital