St Albans Ladies Darts League to compete in memory of Barbara Liddle
- Credit: Archant
Female darts players in St Albans will step up to the oche later this month to remember Barbara Liddle.
Mrs Liddle, 76, died in September in a hit-and-run outside her home on Camp Road while she was on her way to a darts match.
Now a group of her friends are hosting a tournament in her honour.
St Albans Ladies Darts League’s Charlotte Smith, said: “Barbara was a regular darts player and it was a real hobby of hers. I myself play in two of the darts teams that Barbara was a member of.
“As a team of committee members, we have agreed to hold a memorial night for Barbara and thought what better way to do this than to host a tournament.”
You may also want to watch:
This event is on Wednesday, December 20, at Royston Social Club on College Road, and is open to all.
The organisers are also asking businesses to donate prizes for the raffle to raise money for British Heart Foundation and Marie Curie.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
To donate, contact charlotte.Smith@zhgplc.com