St Albans Ladies Darts League to compete in memory of Barbara Liddle
- Credit: Archant
Female darts players in St Albans will step up to the oche later this month to remember Barbara Liddle.
Mrs Liddle, 76, died in September in a hit-and-run outside her home on Camp Road while she was on her way to a darts match.
Now a group of her friends are hosting a tournament in her honour.
St Albans Ladies Darts League’s Charlotte Smith, said: “Barbara was a regular darts player and it was a real hobby of hers. I myself play in two of the darts teams that Barbara was a member of.
“As a team of committee members, we have agreed to hold a memorial night for Barbara and thought what better way to do this than to host a tournament.”
This event is on Wednesday, December 20, at Royston Social Club on College Road, and is open to all.
The organisers are also asking businesses to donate prizes for the raffle to raise money for British Heart Foundation and Marie Curie.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 3 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 8 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 9 Drug dealer hid in child's playhouse to evade arrest in Harpenden
- 10 Harley-Davidson rider dies in A5183 Radlett crash
To donate, contact charlotte.Smith@zhgplc.com