Batford Christmas lights will be switched on “in the next 24 hours”
- Credit: Archant
Batford will see its Christmas lights switched on “in the next 24 hours”, according to Harpenden Town Council.
The event was due to be held at 5pm on Sunday, however it was postponed due to heavy snowfall.
Town clerk Carl Cheevers said yesterday the lights would be switched on in the next 48 hours.
Only once the snow had cleared and it was safe for officers to get to the site.
Today, the council has confirmed the lights will be switched on in the next day, unless significantly more snow fell.
You may also want to watch:
They could not give an exact time though.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans