Gas works in London Colney starting this month
- Credit: Archant
Work to replace ageing gas mains on Shenley Lane in London Colney are starting on Monday.
Cadent are carrying out “essential” work to install new mains to help fuel homes in the area.
Authorising engineer Dilbir Chana said: “The gas mains we’re replacing have served the area for many years, but it’s now essential we replace them to ensure safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating are maintained in the area.
“The new gas pipes we’re installing will last for decades and help ensure local people can keep warm for many winters to come.
“We’ve carefully planned this work in close discussion with the local authority to ensure we deliver it with as little disruption to the local community and road users as possible.”
The work is starting on Monday, and is expected to finish on Sunday, March 18.
Residents will still be able to use gas during the works, and engineers will not need to go into anyone’s home.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
The work will take place in four stages, on different stretches of Shenley Lane.
Phase one will involve engineers working on a 187m stretch of Shenley Lane in proximity to Napsbury Park. The side road to Shenley Lane will be closed, but there will still be access from Telford Road. Traffic management will be provided by two-way traffic lights.
Phase two will involve work on a 186m stretch of the road in the vicinity of the junction with Telford Road.
Phase three will take place along a 186m stretch of the road in the vicinity of the junction with Walsingham Way.
And phase four will take place along a 184m stretch of the road near the junction of St Annes Road.
Traffic management will be provided by three-way traffic lights for phases two to four.
For more information on the work call 0800 096 5678.
More information on Cadent’s gas mains replacement work can be found at www.bettergaspipes.co.ukCadent services 11 million homes across country, and operates the UK’s largest gas network.