Are there any council elections in Radlett this year?
- Credit: Archant
Hertsmere Borough Council has answered whether it has any elections this year...
Following a change in 2015, all Hertsmere’s borough councillors are elected every four years - meaning the next contest will be in 2019.
The council’s leader Morris Bright said: “We changed the election process from election by thirds to whole council elections following public consultation.
“A number of residents have contacted the council to ask about Hertsmere’s elections, because they have seen messages from neighbouring authorities.
“Please be reassured our diligent elections team would be putting out messages and information about elections, should they be taking place. Our website is also a great resource for information about what is happening within the borough, so you can always check for updates there.”
Unless there are any by-elections, Hertsmere’s next election is in May 2019.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival