When and where you can see this year’s Mummers performances around St Albans on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Mummers will again entertain audiences in St Albans with performances of St George and the Dragon on Boxing Day.
For the 51st year running and at five locations around the city, actors will re-enact the time honoured mystery play and are inviting everybody to join in the festivities.
It will include fierce battles, dubious cures unknown to science, excruciating poetry, awful jokes and a less than serious look at life, death and resurrection.
There will be audience participation and topical references, ensuring that every performance is slightly different and unique.
The first time St Albans Mummers performed this play was in 1967 and the story remains largely the same in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at 11.30am by the Town Hall, 12.15am by The White Hart Hotel, 1pm at the west end of St Albans Abbey, 1.45pm by The Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and 2.30pm by St Albans Clock Tower.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land