When and where you can see this year’s Mummers performances around St Albans on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Mummers will again entertain audiences in St Albans with performances of St George and the Dragon on Boxing Day.
For the 51st year running and at five locations around the city, actors will re-enact the time honoured mystery play and are inviting everybody to join in the festivities.
It will include fierce battles, dubious cures unknown to science, excruciating poetry, awful jokes and a less than serious look at life, death and resurrection.
There will be audience participation and topical references, ensuring that every performance is slightly different and unique.
The first time St Albans Mummers performed this play was in 1967 and the story remains largely the same in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at 11.30am by the Town Hall, 12.15am by The White Hart Hotel, 1pm at the west end of St Albans Abbey, 1.45pm by The Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and 2.30pm by St Albans Clock Tower.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book