When and where you can see this year’s Mummers performances around St Albans on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Mummers will again entertain audiences in St Albans with performances of St George and the Dragon on Boxing Day.
For the 51st year running and at five locations around the city, actors will re-enact the time honoured mystery play and are inviting everybody to join in the festivities.
It will include fierce battles, dubious cures unknown to science, excruciating poetry, awful jokes and a less than serious look at life, death and resurrection.
There will be audience participation and topical references, ensuring that every performance is slightly different and unique.
The first time St Albans Mummers performed this play was in 1967 and the story remains largely the same in 2017.
It will take place at 11.30am by the Town Hall, 12.15am by The White Hart Hotel, 1pm at the west end of St Albans Abbey, 1.45pm by The Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and 2.30pm by St Albans Clock Tower.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time