Wheathampstead Village Weekend a ‘spectacular success’
- Credit: Judith Parry
Villagers celebrated their historic community in a two-day annual celebration.
On Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14, a talent show, fair, and parade came to Marford Playing Fields at the Wheathampstead Village Weekend.
The parade was led by St Albans district council mayor, Cllr Janet Smith, and was themed Music Through the Ages.
Entertainment throughout the weekend ranged from early English dance to Bollywood and ballet, as well as the popular Dog and Duck Show and music from Ware Brass.
Many village clubs and societies were represented at the event, which ended on a bang with a fireworks display.
You may also want to watch:
The whole event was organised by Wheathampstead Parish Council (WPC) and run entirely by volunteers.
Chairman of WPC, Cllr David Johnston, said: "Our village celebration was a spectacular success with something for everyone.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
"It has gone from strength to strength over the years, but we could not put it on without the volunteers - thank you for your support."