Wheathampstead Village Weekend a ‘spectacular success’
- Credit: Judith Parry
Villagers celebrated their historic community in a two-day annual celebration.
On Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14, a talent show, fair, and parade came to Marford Playing Fields at the Wheathampstead Village Weekend.
The parade was led by St Albans district council mayor, Cllr Janet Smith, and was themed Music Through the Ages.
Entertainment throughout the weekend ranged from early English dance to Bollywood and ballet, as well as the popular Dog and Duck Show and music from Ware Brass.
Many village clubs and societies were represented at the event, which ended on a bang with a fireworks display.
The whole event was organised by Wheathampstead Parish Council (WPC) and run entirely by volunteers.
Chairman of WPC, Cllr David Johnston, said: "Our village celebration was a spectacular success with something for everyone.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
"It has gone from strength to strength over the years, but we could not put it on without the volunteers - thank you for your support."