Wheathampstead Village Weekend a ‘spectacular success’
- Credit: Judith Parry
Villagers celebrated their historic community in a two-day annual celebration.
On Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14, a talent show, fair, and parade came to Marford Playing Fields at the Wheathampstead Village Weekend.
The parade was led by St Albans district council mayor, Cllr Janet Smith, and was themed Music Through the Ages.
Entertainment throughout the weekend ranged from early English dance to Bollywood and ballet, as well as the popular Dog and Duck Show and music from Ware Brass.
Many village clubs and societies were represented at the event, which ended on a bang with a fireworks display.
You may also want to watch:
The whole event was organised by Wheathampstead Parish Council (WPC) and run entirely by volunteers.
Chairman of WPC, Cllr David Johnston, said: "Our village celebration was a spectacular success with something for everyone.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
"It has gone from strength to strength over the years, but we could not put it on without the volunteers - thank you for your support."