Wheathampstead schoolboy wins mammoth 11kg Easter egg
- Credit: Archant
An eggstraordinary surprise greeted 10-year-old Luca Faieta after he entered a charity raffle.
For Luca, who lives in Wheathampstead, won first prize - a Swiss Easter Egg weighing in at 11kg and almost as big as he is.
The raffle, organised by charity HAD (Herts Action on Disability), took place at The Cross Keys pub in Gustard Wood on Easter Monday and raised over £400.
As well as the raffle, children enjoyed an egg hunt in the pub’s garden.
HAD fundraiser Paul Bishop said: “It was a great day and I’d like to thank Gemma and Rob at the pub and also all the parents and children who took part,
“Fundraising events like these are very important for us, especially since we lost all our local government funding last year.”
HAD’s next big fundraiser is on May 17 when they have a team riding in the Rotary Clubs of St Albans’ annual charity cycle ride.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 6 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 7 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
Paul added: “The We’ve HAD It team will once again be taking part in this great event. We’re looking for cyclists of all abilities to join us and raise money for HAD.”
For more information contact Paul on 07973 237162.