Wheathampstead schoolboy wins mammoth 11kg Easter egg
- Credit: Archant
An eggstraordinary surprise greeted 10-year-old Luca Faieta after he entered a charity raffle.
For Luca, who lives in Wheathampstead, won first prize - a Swiss Easter Egg weighing in at 11kg and almost as big as he is.
The raffle, organised by charity HAD (Herts Action on Disability), took place at The Cross Keys pub in Gustard Wood on Easter Monday and raised over £400.
As well as the raffle, children enjoyed an egg hunt in the pub’s garden.
HAD fundraiser Paul Bishop said: “It was a great day and I’d like to thank Gemma and Rob at the pub and also all the parents and children who took part,
You may also want to watch:
“Fundraising events like these are very important for us, especially since we lost all our local government funding last year.”
HAD’s next big fundraiser is on May 17 when they have a team riding in the Rotary Clubs of St Albans’ annual charity cycle ride.
- 1 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Paul added: “The We’ve HAD It team will once again be taking part in this great event. We’re looking for cyclists of all abilities to join us and raise money for HAD.”
For more information contact Paul on 07973 237162.