Wheathampstead road to close for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Repair work costing £500,000 will begin on a “worn-out” road in Wheathampstead on Monday (21) and is expected to last for eight nights.
The resurfacing is being carried out on Lower Luton Road from Common Lane to the county boundary on behalf of Herts County Council (HCC) between 8pm and 5am.
Full road closures will be in place but access for residents and businesses with no alternative route to their premises will be maintained whenever possible.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways at HCC, said: “We are sorry for any disruption or inconvenience caused by these essential maintenance works to improve your roads.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users. We ask you to allow extra time for any journeys you make while the work is in progress.”
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, are available on www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks.
To check whether bus service routes will be affected visit www.intalink.org.uk and look in the ‘service disruptions’ section.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group