Wheathampstead road to close for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Repair work costing £500,000 will begin on a “worn-out” road in Wheathampstead on Monday (21) and is expected to last for eight nights.
The resurfacing is being carried out on Lower Luton Road from Common Lane to the county boundary on behalf of Herts County Council (HCC) between 8pm and 5am.
Full road closures will be in place but access for residents and businesses with no alternative route to their premises will be maintained whenever possible.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways at HCC, said: “We are sorry for any disruption or inconvenience caused by these essential maintenance works to improve your roads.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users. We ask you to allow extra time for any journeys you make while the work is in progress.”
You may also want to watch:
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, are available on www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks.
To check whether bus service routes will be affected visit www.intalink.org.uk and look in the ‘service disruptions’ section.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development