Wheathampstead road to close for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Repair work costing £500,000 will begin on a “worn-out” road in Wheathampstead on Monday (21) and is expected to last for eight nights.
The resurfacing is being carried out on Lower Luton Road from Common Lane to the county boundary on behalf of Herts County Council (HCC) between 8pm and 5am.
Full road closures will be in place but access for residents and businesses with no alternative route to their premises will be maintained whenever possible.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways at HCC, said: “We are sorry for any disruption or inconvenience caused by these essential maintenance works to improve your roads.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users. We ask you to allow extra time for any journeys you make while the work is in progress.”
You may also want to watch:
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, are available on www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks.
To check whether bus service routes will be affected visit www.intalink.org.uk and look in the ‘service disruptions’ section.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism