Wheathampstead man killed in car accident is named
THE WHEATHAMPSTEAD man killed in a car crash last week has been named.
Andrew Viner of Wick Avenue was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on the B651 between Sandridge and Wheathampstead, close to Ferrers Lane.
The 47-year-old was driving a blue Nissan Micra towards Sandridge when it and a silver BMW X5 were involved in a collision at around 10am last Saturday (June 18).
The driver of the BMW was taken to the QEII hospital with minor injuries.
Mr Viner’s died from multiple injuries but this is subject to confirmation at an inquest to be held at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Colin Bonner from the Road Crash Investigation Unit said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and can help explain what happened to come forward.
“Those with information can contact me via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Road closures were put in place at the junction with Coleman Green Lane and Ferrers Lane until just before 3pm.
A 29-year-old man from the St Albans area has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has been police bailed until August.