Wheathampstead man killed in car accident is named
THE WHEATHAMPSTEAD man killed in a car crash last week has been named.
Andrew Viner of Wick Avenue was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on the B651 between Sandridge and Wheathampstead, close to Ferrers Lane.
The 47-year-old was driving a blue Nissan Micra towards Sandridge when it and a silver BMW X5 were involved in a collision at around 10am last Saturday (June 18).
The driver of the BMW was taken to the QEII hospital with minor injuries.
Mr Viner’s died from multiple injuries but this is subject to confirmation at an inquest to be held at a later date.
Sergeant Colin Bonner from the Road Crash Investigation Unit said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and can help explain what happened to come forward.
“Those with information can contact me via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Road closures were put in place at the junction with Coleman Green Lane and Ferrers Lane until just before 3pm.
A 29-year-old man from the St Albans area has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has been police bailed until August.