Wheathampstead library takes great step forward
- Credit: Archant
The group behind the Wheathampstead library have taken a great step forward with a successful public meeting.
More volunteers have come forward to help run the service following a village meeting on Monday, April 10.
Chair of the group’s management committee, Chrissie Chandey, said: “I am delighted with the response from the village with more than 70 people attending the meeting and more people signing up to volunteer, which makes us all optimistic about our library’s future, as it is a precious community facility.”
The meeting was held in the run-up to the reopening of the library as a community-run amenity in September.
Two representatives from Hertfordshire library service discussed how the library could be run.
You may also want to watch:
Attendees were also shows a short film about showing how the library could become the focal point of the community.
To find out more about the project, visit www.wheathampsteadcommunitylibrary.org.uk
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans