Wheathampstead library takes great step forward
- Credit: Archant
The group behind the Wheathampstead library have taken a great step forward with a successful public meeting.
More volunteers have come forward to help run the service following a village meeting on Monday, April 10.
Chair of the group’s management committee, Chrissie Chandey, said: “I am delighted with the response from the village with more than 70 people attending the meeting and more people signing up to volunteer, which makes us all optimistic about our library’s future, as it is a precious community facility.”
The meeting was held in the run-up to the reopening of the library as a community-run amenity in September.
Two representatives from Hertfordshire library service discussed how the library could be run.
You may also want to watch:
Attendees were also shows a short film about showing how the library could become the focal point of the community.
To find out more about the project, visit www.wheathampsteadcommunitylibrary.org.uk
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets