Wheathampstead library takes great step forward
- Credit: Archant
The group behind the Wheathampstead library have taken a great step forward with a successful public meeting.
More volunteers have come forward to help run the service following a village meeting on Monday, April 10.
Chair of the group’s management committee, Chrissie Chandey, said: “I am delighted with the response from the village with more than 70 people attending the meeting and more people signing up to volunteer, which makes us all optimistic about our library’s future, as it is a precious community facility.”
The meeting was held in the run-up to the reopening of the library as a community-run amenity in September.
Two representatives from Hertfordshire library service discussed how the library could be run.
Attendees were also shows a short film about showing how the library could become the focal point of the community.
To find out more about the project, visit www.wheathampsteadcommunitylibrary.org.uk
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time