Wheathampstead Jumbulance is on its rounds
- Credit: Archant
The wheels on the Jumbulance are still going round and round - even though it has only recently returned from a ski trip to Austria.
The Jumbulance, which is used for disabled coach trips, has been busy in Harpenden this week including a day trip to the O2 for an elderly care home and a visit to a local scout group which will be fundraising for the charity.
Last month the specially-adapted vehicle returned from its third ski trip to the Alps in Austria, supported by the Childwick Trust, which took three young people with learning and physical difficulties from Harpenden Mencap’s Pine Court together with two volunteer carers who paid for themselves and used their holiday entitlement to help with the trip.
One of the participants, Sarah Kidd, 23, spoke of the ‘good times’ the party had both on the slopes and the evenings. As well as adaptive skiing, the party enjoyed a sleigh ride and on the concluding night, there was a presentation of badges by the instructors as part of the UK Adaptive Snowlife Award scheme.
Sarah said: “Nothing I say will ever be sufficient enough to describe just how incredibly grateful I am to each and every person who has helped to make this trip and others like them possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jumbulance Trust in Wheathampstead operates the vehicle which relies on charitable donations. It have recently received a large sum from John Lewis which is being used to take a group from Pine Court as well as the Gateway Club in Harpenden on a trip to the seaside next month.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall