Wheathampstead accountant praised for adrenalin-rushing skydive
Accountant praised for adrenalin-rushing skydive
A WHEATHAMPSTEAD accountant unleashed her daredevil side to disprove the famous Monty Python line that accountants are “too boring to be of interest,” by jumping from a plane to raise money for cancer research.
Beverley Turner, a partner of Lamburn and Turner chartered accountancy, described the 10,000 feet skydive as, “the most exhilarating experience of my life.”
She has raised about �1,500 for Breakthrough Breast Cancer (BBC) which researches diagnoses, treatments and ways to prevent all types of the disease.
Beverley said: “It’s something I have always wanted to do. So many of my friends have overcome breast cancer in recent years and this was the least I could do.
You may also want to watch:
“Breast cancer affects 46,000 women each year and BBC does a fantastic job in supporting them.”
She enjoyed the adrenalin rush of waiting to jump, her stomach and heart, “doing somersaults and then falling from the plane head first, the wind rushing past, and the peace and gentle float to the ground. It was amazing.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Beverley is trying to raise a total �2,000 through www.justgiving.com/Bev-Turner and has attracted praise from contributers. Prior to the jump one woman reminded her to, “try not to bounce [as] your clients and friends need you” and another wit asked whether the insurance was up-to-date.