Wheatfields pupils head down Wembley Way
THE HALLOWED Wembley Stadium turf has already been experienced by 20 youngsters at a St Albans school. The pupils from Wheatfields Junior School braved the recent cold to take part in a tag rugby tournament before an international friendly rugby match at
THE HALLOWED Wembley Stadium turf has already been experienced by 20 youngsters at a St Albans school.
The pupils from Wheatfields Junior School braved the recent cold to take part in a tag rugby tournament before an international friendly rugby match at Wembley.
It was the first time many of the pupils had been to the new stadium and they were very excited. Two teams from the Marshalswick school, one made up of Year Five pupils and the other from Year Six, took part, with the older pupils winning all three of their games. Max Bull, one of the Year Six pupils, said: "At the end of the day, both of our teams played really well and we all enjoyed the experience of actually playing at Wembley."
l Younger children at Wheatfields Infants and Nursery School have been judged to be at the forefront of using information and communications technology (ICT).
You may also want to watch:
Following an extensive assessment, the school has been awarded a prestigious ICT Mark by Becta, the Government-funded body responsible for promoting the use of ICT in Britain's schools and colleges.
It recognises the school's success in developing the strategic use of ICT in both administration and across the curriculum.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters