Air ambulance called to Harpenden after man suffers cardiac arrest
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance was dispatched to Harpenden this morning after a man collapsed.
The ambulance service was called at 9.30am today to reports a man had collapsed on Springfield Crescent.
The man, in his 70s, had collapsed and gone into cardiac arrest.
A rapid response vehicle, a land ambulance, and the air ambulance helicopter were sent.
A neighbour was already performing first aid on the patient by the time the crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The patient was then resuscitated by the ambulance crew, and began breathing for himself.
The land ambulance took him to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End