Air ambulance called to Harpenden after man suffers cardiac arrest
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance was dispatched to Harpenden this morning after a man collapsed.
The ambulance service was called at 9.30am today to reports a man had collapsed on Springfield Crescent.
The man, in his 70s, had collapsed and gone into cardiac arrest.
A rapid response vehicle, a land ambulance, and the air ambulance helicopter were sent.
A neighbour was already performing first aid on the patient by the time the crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The patient was then resuscitated by the ambulance crew, and began breathing for himself.
The land ambulance took him to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park