St Albans Christmas market closed today; other council services disrupted
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas market in the Vintry Gardens in St Albans will not open today due to snow.
The market was closed yesterday, and has remained closed today, due to traders struggling to get in.
The icy conditions around the cathedral also factored in the decision by St Albans district council.
A decision on whether it will be held tomorrow will be made at 4pm.
With regards to bin collections, that will be up to the bin lorry drivers.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s street cleaning crews have been reassigned to help the county council grit areas such as the city centre.
Leisure facilities such as Westminster Lodge and Batchwood are open, although the latter is believed to be almost inaccessible.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
This comes after snow caused most of the city’s schools to close for the day.