St Albans Christmas market closed today; other council services disrupted
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas market in the Vintry Gardens in St Albans will not open today due to snow.
The market was closed yesterday, and has remained closed today, due to traders struggling to get in.
The icy conditions around the cathedral also factored in the decision by St Albans district council.
A decision on whether it will be held tomorrow will be made at 4pm.
With regards to bin collections, that will be up to the bin lorry drivers.
The council’s street cleaning crews have been reassigned to help the county council grit areas such as the city centre.
Leisure facilities such as Westminster Lodge and Batchwood are open, although the latter is believed to be almost inaccessible.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
This comes after snow caused most of the city’s schools to close for the day.