St Albans Christmas market closed today; other council services disrupted
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas market in the Vintry Gardens in St Albans will not open today due to snow.
The market was closed yesterday, and has remained closed today, due to traders struggling to get in.
The icy conditions around the cathedral also factored in the decision by St Albans district council.
A decision on whether it will be held tomorrow will be made at 4pm.
With regards to bin collections, that will be up to the bin lorry drivers.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s street cleaning crews have been reassigned to help the county council grit areas such as the city centre.
Leisure facilities such as Westminster Lodge and Batchwood are open, although the latter is believed to be almost inaccessible.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
This comes after snow caused most of the city’s schools to close for the day.