Former St Albans school pupil found dead on London building site on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
A former St Albans school pupil is believed to have fallen to his death from a Canary Wharf skyscraper construction site on New Year’s Eve.
Sam Clarke, 20, from Hemel Hempstead and who went to Townsend School, was found on Tuesday, January 2 on Bank Street.
His friend Jack Armstrong said: “We all his friends and all family are absolutely distraught.”
Jack earlier wrote on Facebook that Sam had gone missing from the group at the O2 Arena.
Canary Wharf Group, a development company, tweeted: “There has been a fatality at one of our construction sites, all our construction workers are safe and we are supporting the investigation being led by the emergency services.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam’s family have been informed, and the Met Police are not treating the incident as suspicious but are compiling a report for the coroner.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area