Elderly woman injured after being pushed to the floor
- Credit: Archant
A man is being sought after a woman in her 70s was allegedly pushed to the floor.
At 1.19pm on Monday, the woman was walking with her grandchildren when a man in his 20s tried to wrest her handbag from her.
She held on tight to the bag, but the man pulled with such force she fell to the ground, sustaining facial injuries.
The man, described as white and wearing a grey hoodie and work boots, ran off with the bag towards Lodge Surgery.
Det Con Spencer Dicks said: “This is particularly shocking giving the victim was with her two grandchildren, enjoying half term.
You may also want to watch:
“She is understandably very shocked by what happened. This type of incident is very unusual for St Albans and we are carrying out a thorough investigation to identify the offender.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area yesterday and believes they saw the incident or the man described to contact police as soon as possible.” Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Dicks by emailing email@example.com or ring 101, quoting crime reference F1/18/715.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high