Video released of masked raiders who left man in hospital after home robbery
- Credit: Archant
Five masked robbers left a man needing hospital treatment after they raided a property in Christmas week.
The group of men forced entry to an address on High Street in Colney Heath at around 9.15pm on Monday, December 18.
Three of them were carrying knives and another had what could have been a gun inside a sock, although the actual weapon was not seen.
A man and woman were at the house at the time and the man was wounded on his chest and hand and had to be taken to hospital.
Items of personal property were stolen during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ben McGregor said: “Understandably, this was a frightening ordeal for the victims and we are doing all we can to trace those responsible. At this time, it is believed to have been an isolated incident.
“I am appealing for anyone who recognises the people in the video to please get in touch with us as soon as possible.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Anyone who recognises the people in the video, or has information about the incident, is asked to contact police on 101, quoting crime reference F3/17/2779.