Up the river without a paddle: Harpenden council left scratching their heads after car stuck in Batford Springs
- Credit: Archant
A driver who got his car stuck in Batford Springs in Harpenden may not get it back until Monday.
Harpenden town council are scratching their heads about what equipment will retrieve the Suzuki from the tight spot.
Meaning the blue vehicle may not be removed from the river until early next week.
Herts Police have confirmed the vehicle is not stolen.
It is not believed the car has caused any lasting damage to the river’s ecology.
You may also want to watch:
However once the car has been removed, Harpenden council say they will carry out a full assessment.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden