Up the river without a paddle: Harpenden council left scratching their heads after car stuck in Batford Springs
- Credit: Archant
A driver who got his car stuck in Batford Springs in Harpenden may not get it back until Monday.
Harpenden town council are scratching their heads about what equipment will retrieve the Suzuki from the tight spot.
Meaning the blue vehicle may not be removed from the river until early next week.
Herts Police have confirmed the vehicle is not stolen.
It is not believed the car has caused any lasting damage to the river’s ecology.
You may also want to watch:
However once the car has been removed, Harpenden council say they will carry out a full assessment.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills