18-year-old did resort to suicide, coroner rules
- Credit: Archant
A coroner has found a 18-year-old from St Albans did resort to suicide.
Joshua Farraway, from The Ridgeway, was found dead at the University of Gloucestershire on October 4 last year.
The former Sandringham School pupil had been studying Sports Journalism.
A university spokesperson said: “The university community has been deeply saddened at Josh’s death, and we would once again like to express our deepest condolences to Josh’s family and friends and our thoughts are very much with them at this sad and difficult time.
“Our Student Services team has been providing ongoing support to the students most affected. The welfare of our students continues to be our main priority and we provide an extensive range of on-campus wellbeing, pastoral, and mental health support services for students to access at any time.”
Fellow students posted tributes to Josh on social media following his death and decorated their windows with sticky notes as memorials.
For information on teenage suicide please contact https://theolliefoundation.org/
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road