18-year-old did resort to suicide, coroner rules
- Credit: Archant
A coroner has found a 18-year-old from St Albans did resort to suicide.
Joshua Farraway, from The Ridgeway, was found dead at the University of Gloucestershire on October 4 last year.
The former Sandringham School pupil had been studying Sports Journalism.
A university spokesperson said: “The university community has been deeply saddened at Josh’s death, and we would once again like to express our deepest condolences to Josh’s family and friends and our thoughts are very much with them at this sad and difficult time.
“Our Student Services team has been providing ongoing support to the students most affected. The welfare of our students continues to be our main priority and we provide an extensive range of on-campus wellbeing, pastoral, and mental health support services for students to access at any time.”
You may also want to watch:
Fellow students posted tributes to Josh on social media following his death and decorated their windows with sticky notes as memorials.
For information on teenage suicide please contact https://theolliefoundation.org/
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public