St Albans council completes new Batchwood homes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans council has finished work on 25 new affordable homes in Batchwood.
The homes are located on former garage sites in Ladies Grove, Partridge Road and Blundell Close and are the first council homes to be built in the district in 30 years.
Portfolio holder for housing Brian Ellis said: “The regeneration of our old garage sites has been a very exciting, imaginative and worthwhile project.
“It is also a demonstration of this council’s commitment to creating much-needed affordable housing for the district.
“I am very pleased with the high quality of the homes and the fact we are turning unsightly, run-down garage blocks into attractive residential areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The Batchwood development is the first large-scale addition to the council’s housing stock for three decades and we can be proud of that achievement.”
The homes will all be made available to people on the housing register.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored