St Albans council completes new Batchwood homes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans council has finished work on 25 new affordable homes in Batchwood.
The homes are located on former garage sites in Ladies Grove, Partridge Road and Blundell Close and are the first council homes to be built in the district in 30 years.
Portfolio holder for housing Brian Ellis said: “The regeneration of our old garage sites has been a very exciting, imaginative and worthwhile project.
“It is also a demonstration of this council’s commitment to creating much-needed affordable housing for the district.
“I am very pleased with the high quality of the homes and the fact we are turning unsightly, run-down garage blocks into attractive residential areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The Batchwood development is the first large-scale addition to the council’s housing stock for three decades and we can be proud of that achievement.”
The homes will all be made available to people on the housing register.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets