Leisure centre recieves national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has won a prestigious national award
Westminster Lodge has won Local Authority Gym of The Year Award at the National Fitness Awards 2019.
This award recognises facilities that excel in providing services to the community with a wide offering for all types of members.
The winners were announced at a glittering National Fitness Awards event in Leicester on Friday, November 29.
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: "I could not be prouder of my team who work so hard every day to deliver the best service they can to our members and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
"The National Fitness Awards are held in very high regard and we know this category in particular is hotly contested and highly competitive. The judge's visit in October gave us the chance to demonstrate the full breadth and depth of our facilities."
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities