Leisure centre recieves national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has won a prestigious national award
Westminster Lodge has won Local Authority Gym of The Year Award at the National Fitness Awards 2019.
This award recognises facilities that excel in providing services to the community with a wide offering for all types of members.
The winners were announced at a glittering National Fitness Awards event in Leicester on Friday, November 29.
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: "I could not be prouder of my team who work so hard every day to deliver the best service they can to our members and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
"The National Fitness Awards are held in very high regard and we know this category in particular is hotly contested and highly competitive. The judge's visit in October gave us the chance to demonstrate the full breadth and depth of our facilities."
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common