St Albans leisure centre operator shortlisted for awards
- Credit: Archant
The company behind a popular St Albans leisure centre has been shortlisted for two fitness awards.
Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge for St Albans district council, is in the running for the National Fitness Awards.
The council’s portfolio holder for leisure Annie Brewster said: “I am delighted and honoured that Westminster Lodge has been shortlisted for two such prestigious national awards.
“Since its opening nearly six years ago, there has been a huge year-on-year increase in its membership. “
The centre is a finalist in the Local Authority Gym of the Year category and personal trainer Jo Hancock is also shortlisted.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brewster continued: “I’m very excited for Jo.
“She is one of our many dedicated, hard-working Westminster Lodge staff and I wish her the best of luck at the awards.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Forging ahead for hospice care
The winners will be announced on Friday, November 30.