St Albans leisure centre operator shortlisted for awards
- Credit: Archant
The company behind a popular St Albans leisure centre has been shortlisted for two fitness awards.
Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge for St Albans district council, is in the running for the National Fitness Awards.
The council’s portfolio holder for leisure Annie Brewster said: “I am delighted and honoured that Westminster Lodge has been shortlisted for two such prestigious national awards.
“Since its opening nearly six years ago, there has been a huge year-on-year increase in its membership. “
The centre is a finalist in the Local Authority Gym of the Year category and personal trainer Jo Hancock is also shortlisted.
Cllr Brewster continued: “I’m very excited for Jo.
“She is one of our many dedicated, hard-working Westminster Lodge staff and I wish her the best of luck at the awards.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
The winners will be announced on Friday, November 30.