St Albans leisure centre operator shortlisted for awards
- Credit: Archant
The company behind a popular St Albans leisure centre has been shortlisted for two fitness awards.
Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge for St Albans district council, is in the running for the National Fitness Awards.
The council’s portfolio holder for leisure Annie Brewster said: “I am delighted and honoured that Westminster Lodge has been shortlisted for two such prestigious national awards.
“Since its opening nearly six years ago, there has been a huge year-on-year increase in its membership. “
The centre is a finalist in the Local Authority Gym of the Year category and personal trainer Jo Hancock is also shortlisted.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brewster continued: “I’m very excited for Jo.
“She is one of our many dedicated, hard-working Westminster Lodge staff and I wish her the best of luck at the awards.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
The winners will be announced on Friday, November 30.