St Albans leisure centre operator shortlisted for awards
- Credit: Archant
The company behind a popular St Albans leisure centre has been shortlisted for two fitness awards.
Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge for St Albans district council, is in the running for the National Fitness Awards.
The council’s portfolio holder for leisure Annie Brewster said: “I am delighted and honoured that Westminster Lodge has been shortlisted for two such prestigious national awards.
“Since its opening nearly six years ago, there has been a huge year-on-year increase in its membership. “
The centre is a finalist in the Local Authority Gym of the Year category and personal trainer Jo Hancock is also shortlisted.
Cllr Brewster continued: “I’m very excited for Jo.
“She is one of our many dedicated, hard-working Westminster Lodge staff and I wish her the best of luck at the awards.”
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 3 Club night revival in St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 5 Woman in her 60s seriously injured in St Peter's Street crash
- 6 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP reacts to new hospitals probe
The winners will be announced on Friday, November 30.