St Albans leisure centre holds cycling challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Over 100 riders took on the ICYCLE6 challenge at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
The leisure centre partnered with Cyclezone Studio to put on an indoor cycling charity event in aid of Mind, mental health charity, challenging locals to step up to the pedal.
Westminster Lodge general manager Lesley Garner said: “What an uplifting and amazing day we had running the ICYCLE6 challenge.
“It was incredible to see so many taking part, cycling for the full six hours straight.
“The work Mind carries out is fantastic and we are delighted to be supporting them.
“With numbers still rising, we hope to reach the £5k mark, which will be an incredible achievement.
“Such events show the power of fitness and how lucky we are to be a part of such a caring and kind community where everyone comes together to support each other.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 7 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 8 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 9 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 10 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
Each 45 minute session saw different world-class presenters take to the stage to put participants through their paces.