St Albans leisure centre holds cycling challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Over 100 riders took on the ICYCLE6 challenge at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
The leisure centre partnered with Cyclezone Studio to put on an indoor cycling charity event in aid of Mind, mental health charity, challenging locals to step up to the pedal.
Westminster Lodge general manager Lesley Garner said: “What an uplifting and amazing day we had running the ICYCLE6 challenge.
“It was incredible to see so many taking part, cycling for the full six hours straight.
“The work Mind carries out is fantastic and we are delighted to be supporting them.
You may also want to watch:
“With numbers still rising, we hope to reach the £5k mark, which will be an incredible achievement.
“Such events show the power of fitness and how lucky we are to be a part of such a caring and kind community where everyone comes together to support each other.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
Each 45 minute session saw different world-class presenters take to the stage to put participants through their paces.