St Albans leisure centre holds cycling challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Over 100 riders took on the ICYCLE6 challenge at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
The leisure centre partnered with Cyclezone Studio to put on an indoor cycling charity event in aid of Mind, mental health charity, challenging locals to step up to the pedal.
Westminster Lodge general manager Lesley Garner said: “What an uplifting and amazing day we had running the ICYCLE6 challenge.
“It was incredible to see so many taking part, cycling for the full six hours straight.
“The work Mind carries out is fantastic and we are delighted to be supporting them.
“With numbers still rising, we hope to reach the £5k mark, which will be an incredible achievement.
“Such events show the power of fitness and how lucky we are to be a part of such a caring and kind community where everyone comes together to support each other.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Each 45 minute session saw different world-class presenters take to the stage to put participants through their paces.