St Albans leisure centre to host aqua aerobics class for charity
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans is hosting a special aqua aerobics class for charity.
Jo Arnold and Cathy Tominey organised the class for 6pm on Saturday, February 23 following Jo’s diagnosis with breast cancer.
All the proceeds from the class will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Jo Arnold said: “My diagnosis came as a total shock, but I have had fantastic treatment and support at the St Albans Breast Clinic and, in particular, from the Macmillan nurses there.
“When my friend, Cathy, found out about my situation she said that she really wanted to put on a charity event to raise funds to help people with cancer as she knows so many people who have been affected.
You may also want to watch:
“We decided an aqua aerobics session would be a fun way of doing this and show that we wanted to support Macmillan as they help so many people with all different types of cancers.
“We really hope lots of people will come along and support us.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans