More snow predicted for St Albans
- Credit: Archant
More snow is forecast for St Albans this weekend.
Although not as ferocious or prolonged as The Beast from the East, Siberian winds are moving in on UK shores once again and bringing a cold spell with them.
On Saturday, the Met Office is currently predicting heavy snow for this district between 6am and 7am, and then light showers until 9am.
The flurries will start up again at about 9pm and continue into Sunday morning.
A yellow warning of snow and ice is in force throughout the south east and drivers are warned of treacherous conditions over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The warning says: “These [snow] showers may become more prolonged, particularly during the evening. Any melting of lying snow will lead to an ice risk on untreated surfaces on Saturday morning and night.
“Travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel, is possible. Some rural communities could become cut off and power cuts may occur.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
“Some injuries from slips and falls are possible on icy surfaces.”