More snow predicted for St Albans
- Credit: Archant
More snow is forecast for St Albans this weekend.
Although not as ferocious or prolonged as The Beast from the East, Siberian winds are moving in on UK shores once again and bringing a cold spell with them.
On Saturday, the Met Office is currently predicting heavy snow for this district between 6am and 7am, and then light showers until 9am.
The flurries will start up again at about 9pm and continue into Sunday morning.
A yellow warning of snow and ice is in force throughout the south east and drivers are warned of treacherous conditions over the weekend.
The warning says: “These [snow] showers may become more prolonged, particularly during the evening. Any melting of lying snow will lead to an ice risk on untreated surfaces on Saturday morning and night.
“Travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel, is possible. Some rural communities could become cut off and power cuts may occur.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
“Some injuries from slips and falls are possible on icy surfaces.”