More snow predicted for St Albans
- Credit: Archant
More snow is forecast for St Albans this weekend.
Although not as ferocious or prolonged as The Beast from the East, Siberian winds are moving in on UK shores once again and bringing a cold spell with them.
On Saturday, the Met Office is currently predicting heavy snow for this district between 6am and 7am, and then light showers until 9am.
The flurries will start up again at about 9pm and continue into Sunday morning.
A yellow warning of snow and ice is in force throughout the south east and drivers are warned of treacherous conditions over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The warning says: “These [snow] showers may become more prolonged, particularly during the evening. Any melting of lying snow will lead to an ice risk on untreated surfaces on Saturday morning and night.
“Travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel, is possible. Some rural communities could become cut off and power cuts may occur.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
“Some injuries from slips and falls are possible on icy surfaces.”