What was the weather like in St Albans in January?
- Credit: Archant
The weather whizzes at Rothamsted Research have collated the weather data for January.
It was relatively wet but also warm with above average sunshine, yet there was also a morning of settling snow in the second half of the month.
Rainfall was above average with 76.1mm, 6.15mm above the 30-year average. There were 23 days with 0.2mm or more of rain and seven days had more than 5mm.
The most on one day was 16.6mm on Sunday, January 21. Some of this fell as snow that morning but was dissolved by rain.
Sunshine was above average with 64.9 hours (2.83 hours above average). The most was 7.2 hours on Tuesday, January 30. There were nine days with no sunshine.
January’s mean maximum and minimum temperatures were above average at 8.2C (1.46C above average) and 2.2C (0.96C above average).
The highest day temperature was 12.6C on Wednesday, January 24. The lowest was -2.3C on Friday, January 19.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead