What was the weather like in St Albans in January?
- Credit: Archant
The weather whizzes at Rothamsted Research have collated the weather data for January.
It was relatively wet but also warm with above average sunshine, yet there was also a morning of settling snow in the second half of the month.
Rainfall was above average with 76.1mm, 6.15mm above the 30-year average. There were 23 days with 0.2mm or more of rain and seven days had more than 5mm.
The most on one day was 16.6mm on Sunday, January 21. Some of this fell as snow that morning but was dissolved by rain.
Sunshine was above average with 64.9 hours (2.83 hours above average). The most was 7.2 hours on Tuesday, January 30. There were nine days with no sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
January’s mean maximum and minimum temperatures were above average at 8.2C (1.46C above average) and 2.2C (0.96C above average).
The highest day temperature was 12.6C on Wednesday, January 24. The lowest was -2.3C on Friday, January 19.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital