St Albans weekend weather forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for the area until mid morning, but says the rest of the weekend should be less cold.
The yellow weather warning is in place until 11am today, with temperatures just creeping up to a possible 3 °C.
No more snow is forecast for the weekend or coming week as temperatures are expected to climb back up to a maximum of 7°C on Sunday and possibly even 8°C on Monday and Tuesday.
The Met Office forecast for today is “slightly milder” and cloudy.
“Generally cloudy conditions will prevail. Widespread icy conditions prevailing. Maximum temperature 3 °C,” the Met Office states.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight we can expect it to be cloudy and misty.
Compacted snow on the ground is likely to freeze so beware of icy roads and paths.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Sunday’s forecast by the Met Office is “low cloud and mist slow to clear, allowing only limited sunny intervals to develop. Meanwhile showers or longer spells of rain continue, perhaps with some heavier bursts”.
St Albans can expect rain on and off during Sunday morning, a few rays of sunshine early afternoon and continuing intermittent showers until about 7pm.
Monday through to Wednesday should be milder and less windy, but with possible “widespread low cloud and patchy fog”.