Yellow weather warning for snow and ice in Hertfordshire again next week
- Credit: Kelly Baker
Snow, with a risk of widespread ice, is likely to hit Hertfordshire from late Monday, bringing difficult travel conditions according to the Met Office.
The snowy days last week were enjoyed by residents throughout Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, North Herts and Stevenage, who sent in their pictures.
But according to the Met Office, snow could mean possible travel delays on roads - stranding some vehicles and passengers - with bus and train services potentially delayed or cancelled.
Some road closures and longer journey times are possible and power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected.
A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces and untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable.
The frosty weather could last until Wednesday.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park