February was sunny with some snow
- Credit: Archant
February was warm, sunny and very wet with some snow.
Rainfall was above average with 127.0 mm with 23 days with over 0.2 mm and eight days with more than 5.0 mm, according to Rothamsted Research.
The greatest rainfall was on February 15 with 21.6 mm.
It snowed in the morning of the 27th.
Sunshine hours for February were 92.3 hours. Five days were without sunshine and the sunniest day had almost eight hours on the 6th. The mean, maximum and mean minimum temperatures were above average with 9.6ºC (+2.65) and 3.2ºC (+2.31) respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The lowest minimum was -2.4ºC on the 6th, and the highest maximum was 13.2ºC on the 23rd.
There were three air frosts and 10 ground frosts. It was the second wettest February on record since 1853.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved