St Albans to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! St Albans is forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast 19C for this weekend, and say it could get into the twenties.
Ibiza has also been forecast for 19C for Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the South, rather than from the South-West as we are currently getting.
You may also want to watch:
Meaning the temperatures will rise to the low twenties in some places.
This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in Camden on Saturday, April 16 1949, with a temperature of 29.4C.