St Albans to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! St Albans is forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast 19C for this weekend, and say it could get into the twenties.
Ibiza has also been forecast for 19C for Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the South, rather than from the South-West as we are currently getting.
You may also want to watch:
Meaning the temperatures will rise to the low twenties in some places.
This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in Camden on Saturday, April 16 1949, with a temperature of 29.4C.