Did your pictures of St Albans and Harpenden in the snow make it into our round-up?
- Credit: Archant
On Sunday, children across St Albans district hurried to their bedroom windows to see their home carpeted with snow, to hear snowball fights... and to smell clutches burning.
The thick layer of snow which rested on St Albans and Harpenden caused many a travel problem, as a number of roads were closed, and those that weren’t were jammed up with cars stuck in the slush.
Residents have submitted photos of the downed trees and slippery slopes blocking their streets.
However it was also time for much frivolity, and readers have been submitting their pictures of what they got up to when Christmas came to the district.
Several of the photos show birds perching in snow-capped trees, while others document the strange appearance of a number of snowmen who have arrived en masse in the area.
You may also want to watch:
To see your photo in The Herts Advertiser email them to email@example.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents