Met Office forecasts snow in Hertfordshire this week
- Credit: Archant
Just as many of us have got used to the bright sunshine and warm temperatures it looks as if the Great British weather may take another turn.
The Met Office have forecast that this week (March 28-April 3) that the East of England will see snow.
The East of England covers Hertfordshire including Stevenage, St Albans, Harpenden, Letchworth Garden City, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Royston.
The Met Office said: "Cloudy for most, with outbreaks of rain moving slowly southwards.
"Perhaps brighter in the south. Rain turning to snow in places later. Feeling much colder than recently. Maximum temperature 7 °C.
"From Thursday to Saturday: Rain and snow clearing south at first, followed by sunny spells and wintry showers, most frequent near the coasts.
"Windy on Thursday. Cold, with widespread frosts overnight."
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Current forecasts for today (March 29) and tomorrow (March 30) show a mix of overcast clouds and light rain.