Snow alert for St Albans
- Credit: Photo supplied
WITH outbreaks of snow predicted in St Albans over the weekend, the county council is warning motorists to take care on the district’s roads.
Cllr Stuart Pile, Herts county council (HCC) cabinet member for highways and transport, has urged drivers to be “extra careful” given the forecast for snow, which might be heavy at times.
He said that gritting trucks will be out keeping main transport routes moving, covering 2,500km of roads on each gritting run.
Cllr Pile said that district, borough and parish councils along with various community groups had been provided with salt to help keep key areas, particularly pavements, safer during cold spells.
According to the forecast for today (Friday), St Albans will be cold and cloudy overnight, with sleet or snow.
You may also want to watch:
But it will feel very cold because of strong easterly winds.
There is also likely to be snow tomorrow and it will remain bitterly cold, again because of easterly winds.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads