‘Severe’ weather warning for St Albans district as snow is forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, stating that there is a chance that snow could cause disruption to road, rail and air services today.
The Met Office is predicting highs of 5°C and lows of -1 today.
It warns of heavy rain moving eastwards during the day.
This rain is then likely to turn to snow during the evening rush hour.
The Met Office adds: “There is a chance of snow settling with disruption to road, rail and air services as well as interruptions to power supplies and other utilities - this more likely across East Anglia and southeast England.
“Associated heavy rain and strong winds may prove additional hazards.
“As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.”
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 4 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Send us your weather pictures by emailing them to email@example.com
You can also share them via the Herts Ad Facebook page or tweet your snaps to @hertsad